Saturday 4 March 2023

Roman Archers

   I've been meaning to add archers to my Early Imperial Roman army since I started buying it, but while I was happy to place orders for pack after pack of metal Celtic archers and slingers, I wasn't so sure I wanted to do the same for the Romans. Then I saw a scenario in the most recent Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy magazine that called for a unit of them and it made me rethink my plan. A few evenings with a unit of Warlord metals in a basket and looking at the price made me remember that I've seen Victrix did a set instead, so I went and had a look for that. I could do 2 units of plastic archers for less than a single unit of metal archers, I was sold.


I've got the other unit of archers built and sprayed, plus I've sprayed up the rest of the Roman forces that haven't made it onto my desk since I started the project. Lets see how that goes.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment