Thursday 28 August 2014

Gaming tables

         This post is going to look a lot like a couple of badly put together game reports, but that really isn't my aim. I've been getting into the habit, recently, of getting my camera out every game night at club. when there is a good looking game going on, to get a couple of photos either for the club blog, or for the club emails, just so anyone who wasn't there has a fair idea what was going on and what to expect for next time that game comes out. This got me thinking though, about just how many good looking tables I have been playing on recently and I thought I would write about them. I always enjoy looking at pictures of other people's tables so I thought overs might like to see the ones I have been playing on recently.

        First up was a western table from a couple of weeks ago. It was set up to play a multi player game of cowboy wars (which turned out to be a truly dire set of rules, although a fun game to play). The buildings are nearly all mdf structures from the 4ground range, but there are a few older resin ones mixed in. The buildings were bought by a club member who wanted to try out Dead Man's Hand set of rules, but as it is a card based game, and he doesn't like card based games, they are trying to find a new use for them.

cowboy wars dead mans hand

cowboy wars dead mans hand

cow boy wars dead mans hand

cow boy wars dead mans hand

     The next game is set in the early stages of the German advances through Belgium in WW2, using the bolt action set of rules. The buildings are a mix of resin, foam board and cardboard, along with pound shop dark grey foam as roads, but the over all effect of sitting at one end of the table trying to work out how best to take over Europe was really good fun. Yes I know my vbcw methodist church is sitting in both shots trying to pretend its not what it looks like, but it didn't matter to the overall effect.

Bolt action warlord games

Bolt action warlord games

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment