Friday 5 August 2016

Little slice of Normandy

    After a weekend in Lille and Yres at the end of May I was full of ideas for the pile of MDF buildings languishing in the corner of my man-cave. I had built them all nearly a full year ago, played a single game with them unpainted and just couldn't get the enthusiasm to know what to do with them. A year later, and armed with lots of photos of French buildings, I now had a plan.

     These are the first two I have finished; a Sarissa Precision shop and cafe. 

painted sarissa buildings normandy


sarissa bombed normandy shop

       One of the things I have noticed both online and with other players is most people just paint the inside of their bombed out buildings in the same coat as the outside just so there is no bare wood on the model. This is fine but I had other ideas.*
* Although it is probably
a little too perfect inside
Thanks for reading

6 comments:

  1. This a superb Mike and that wallpaper is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are cracking love the interior brings it to life nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. Better get on with the rest of the street now.

      Delete
  3. Very nice! Those would be super fun to see on a table. Like Michael says, the wallpaper especially is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai. Yeah, one of my biggest bugbears.

      Delete