Tuesday 30 August 2016

Minimum army for AOS

    In an attempt to get a game of Age of Sigmar in so that I can really get my head around whether I like the new rules or not, I have finally finished the second battleline unit and my first hero. Both were cheap ebay purchases as they were part of the two army starter set and were click fit rather than multi-part models, but none of that worried me at all. At this point, my minimum army has cost me less than £25, which to get enough GW models onto a board to play a game is basically unheard of.


     My second unit of Stormcast Liberators. Other than a different colour blood drop on the shoulder pad there isn't much to say about these guys.


     My first hero is a Stormcast Relictor. Basically, the Stormcast version of a chaplain but with slightly cooler fluff - these are the guys who effectively make the Stormcast Eternals, eternal, by catching their souls when they die before the Lord of Death can, then putting them into new bodies and sending them forward again.

    Now, the aim is to try and get a game in and then build on my forces if I enjoy it. Oh and find a regular opponent.

Thanks for reading

8 comments:

  1. Great work Mike!Really love gold armour, greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. There is a lot to be said for gold spray paint.

      Delete
  2. Great job Mike, they really are amazing models, the detailing on that Stormiest Relictor is staggeringly good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. Amazing figures aren't they? My painting doesn't do them justice!

      Delete
  3. Really nice work. It's a deceptively simple paint job but you can see how hard you've worked to bring out the details. Nice posing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Herbert. I can't claim credit for the poses though!

      Delete
    2. Are they monopse? I didn't realise.

      Delete
    3. Amazing isn't it? Going from those terrible single pose snap fit space marines to these. If you buy the proper unit sets they are multi-pose, but the starter set guys are snap fit but really well thought through.

      Delete