Friday 21 February 2020

French Yeomen

   My drive to get my initial 100 years war forces onto the table - hopefully this month(?) - is very much still ongoing and thanks to my multi-unit batch painting method are much closer than the posts on this blog suggest. My French starting list has been the list that's seen the most changes and the biggest change has been the inclusion of (what Lion Rampant calls) Yeomen.
   The Perry French 100 years war infantry box has 12 crossbows and 24 similarly dressed infantry, these guys are too lightly armoured to be called foot sergeants, so I've pushed them down to the next rank. I wanted at least one unit of crossbows and I'm not in the habit of building bits from a sprue but not the rest, as that way lies the backlog. Instead, I figured I'd build and paint them at the same time and use them in the future. Then I had a thought. One of the things I wasn't happy about with my initial lists was that the French army was smaller in numbers than the English army, I wanted that Agincourt feel of an outnumbered English army, without needing to outnumber in points (at least to start with). Yeomen add cheap numbers, while still being historically, fairly correct.




Thanks for reading

3 comments: