Tuesday 25 February 2020

Essex Regiment of Foote

   As is usually the case, I'm being pulled in multiple hobby directions in one go* and the English Civil War is another of those projects. The three units on this post were mentioned on my first Cavanuary post and were in fact painted at the end of last year but hadn't managed to get themselves onto this log.
   The figures are from Warlord games (and are the contents of a single plastic box which I'm really impressed by) and are painted in something I hope looks like the Essex Regiment of Foote. I've tried to keep the orange jackets a bit dulled down so they don't distract, while the trousers aren't a uniform colour - although they are a limited palette of colours.
   The biggest problem I had with these units was working out how to store the pikemen - box files are way way too short - but A4 sized Really Useful Boxes came to the rescue!


*Nearly entirely self inflicted




  I'm being distracted by other projects** but I'd really like to get a basic game of ECW using Pikeman's Lament in early this year.

**Or is this the distraction from other projects?

Thanks for reading

4 comments: