Tuesday 18 February 2020

The Black Reaving

   One of the big gaming rules I live by is never to enter a list to a tournament that includes models that aren't finished. This has been a good rule to me and one I have never regretted having. This year, however, something strange has happened to me and I've sent lists to two events this month that include figures I've not painted (or in a couple of cases, bought) and it has turned out to much more stressful than I even thought it could be when I created my rule.
   I had a doubles event planned for the second weekend of February but upon list submission, for some unknowable reason, I talked myself into a position where the list that I sent wasn't the list I had initial planned, nor was everything on it built and painted.
   The main unit that needed work was the 10 man unit of Reavers for my Sons of Horus. I had the bodies and the arms already as part of a trade, so I knew I had them sorted, but it was a raiding my bits box job for the weapons, heads and jump packs. Thankfully, I just about skimmed through with the needed parts, although my bits box needs some serious love in the near future to recover.
   Obviously, from the way this post has gone together I got this first event's worth of figures finished in time - including 3 assault marines I needed to bulk my squads up - but it was a close run thing.











Reavers with black shoulder pads and Assault marines with the normal green.





   The rest of the post will be a limited photo dump from the event. it was a doubles event, so I went with my fellow podcaster, Keith, both with Sons of Horus. I had some brilliant games (we actually won one of them!) and met some great people and doubles turns out to be a really relaxed way to play so I definitely glad I went. Thanks to the Fortis guys for running it.


Fortis 2 Horus Heresy Event Wayland Games
 




 


 
 Thanks for reading

4 comments: