Sunday 21 May 2023

Bigger Bugs Pt 1

   Another part of the process of getting this project onto the table the moment 10th edition hits is getting the hard hitters and synapse creatures built and painted - the swarm is important but its not the whole story. I've got the all important Hive Tyrant on the painting desk as I type this but as we are also playing kill team I wanted to get some figures useful for that game done first, plus something I got a tad over excited with.

   So first up are a unit of Warriors. These are the mid sized choice that you can either take as troops as part of a monster bug list or as cheap synapse (keeping control of the small stuff) in swarm lists. Weapon wise, I went rule of cool quite hard on these guys, with an assault gun on each model and a pair of swords. In my head the point of this unit is to keep up with the swarm, supplying mid range shooting while on the move, then hitting fairly hard if cheap assaults come into range.

   Lastly, we have a Carnifex. This particular model is a bit harder to explain. I was just looking online at second hand figures while I was painting the first genestealers and found myself on Troll Trader, when I noticed that Carnifexes seemed to vanish off every time I reloaded a page, so as the price was fairly sensible I just ordered a pair before I really thought through what I was doing. I gave the combat beast to my brother, as it suited him, and kept the shooty one for myself. This one's gun choices aren't exactly what I would go for if I am building one from a kit, but with assault guns, its another beast that will keep up with the swarm, providing cover as it goes.

Back to the swarm then

Thanks for reading

2 comments: