Wednesday 10 May 2023

Genestealers

   With a new edition of 40k coming, I've gotten a bit excited about the game again* and chatting to my brothers who both want to start with this edition we decided to do a mini-campaign between ourselves. One brother picked Tyranids and the other Space Marines, which left me unsure what to play to keep the story simple.

*I really wanted to get into 9th but it just bloated so quickly

   On the way to Salute, however, chatting to a mate who is a regular gamer but doesn't own an army, he decided to join the campaign with it being the perfect opportunity to buy his first models - the army he bought being Sisters of Battle. Which then made my choice easy as I would just balance the sides.

   The first things I bought were a box of Genestealers, while I don't want a horde of them in my proposed army, they are too useful not to own. 10 of them gives me a whole kill team for small games and a unit of something a bit sneaky won't hurt in bigger games.

   As I'm joining my brother's fleet, I purposely copied his colours, matching his green and bone but slightly varying elsewhere, so that our armies should mix fairly well but not look identical.

Thanks for reading

4 comments:

  1. They look great.
    Fast, tough and vicious in hand to hand combat it's one of the worst opponents a Space Marine can come up against.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were great at opening up the power armour sisters wear

      Delete
  2. An excellent choice and nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete