Saturday 13 May 2023

The Swarm Pt 1

   As I said in the post about my genestealers, I see the Tyranids as a swarm army. I totally get why people like the big monster list with warriors as their troop choice or (like my brother plans to do) the slightly sneaky list with Mawlocs, raveners and stealers as their main troops, but for me there needs to be a carpet of gaunts for the bigger stuff to march with.


   The swarm theory has two major downsides, cost and sheer painting time. The first I am mitigating where ever possible, the second is just a matter of painting in bulk when/while you have the motivation. On that note, here are the first 12 Termagaunts and an extra pair of genestealers to bulk my unit up to the 10 I wanted.


   I'm mostly planning on just churning these out for as long as I have the motivation, then when I don't, I'm hopefully only adding odds and sods rather than 2 or 3 digit numbers of bugs.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment