Thursday 9 June 2022

American GI's?

   While I've not been all that good at not buying figures this year* the one thing I have been good at is not buying new projects** and this post is about the 1st entirely new project of this year - WW2 American infantry.

*better than normal but not 'good'

**I have bent the term 'new project' a bit out of shape


   I have been playing some games of Bolt Action with one of my brothers, with more planned for the future, and it really got me thinking about WW2 again. Then during a visit to the Muckleburgh Military Collection while on a visit to my in-laws, my brother messaged me to say that Rubicon Models was having a sale, did I want anything. Suffice to say mistakes were made.

   The mistakes resulted in me needing to pick up some matching infantry and I went with Perry Miniatures American Infantry for the vast bulk of my stuff - a box of their plastic figures and some metal packs to fill out numbers. This is the first unit plus a 57mm AT gun (which is the only unit from Warlord Games in this army - so far) that I was inspired to include in the first batch of figures.

The infantry squad has been built to my normal WW2 squad theory - make a full strength squad as it 'should be equipped' on paper. So for US I understand this to be 12 men, 2 men with BARs and the NCO with a SMG.
I doubt all 12 will be used as a single squad in a game but at least I have the option if I want to or if the rules force me to.

Next in my 1st batch is a 57mm AT gun. The only non-Perry infantry figures in my collection. I've given it a simple paint job and restrained myself from putting a giant white star on the front as I couldn't find any examples online that had one -  I suspect because why put a bulls eye on your gun?

Thanks for reading

2 comments:

  1. Nice, I have those Perry GIs too. Sadly unpainted as yet. Is it an optical illusion or is the 57mm barrel a little bent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug. I hope its an optical illusion but I suspect its probably because its a little bit bent.

      Delete