Tuesday 14 June 2022

GI's Ho!

    I recently went to stay at my in law's house for a few days and as that meant there would be extra hands to keep an eye on our little boy, I took a box of sprayed figures and the minimal paints I needed to do them, in the hope that there would be spare time. While there wasn't much spare time to be had in the end, I did get the bulk of the base colours on, which sped the next few stages up.

   As what I took with me was everything built at the time and after the first squad - to test my theories - what I had been building were mostly special teams as rifles are easy to add at a later date, this post has a lot of 2 or 3 man teams in it.

The second squad - standard 12 men, NCO with SMG and 2x BARs

LT and adj

Sniper team

Air/Artillery spotter (depending on needs) and adj

Bazooka team

MMG teams

Medium mortar team with spotter

   Then the thing I didn't paint while away, the 2.5 ton deuce truce. The kit was one of the original mistakes ordered from Rubicon. In hindsight I should have added a lot more stowage and, honestly, I don't know why I didn't, but as it's for carrying infantry it'll look the part.


Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment