Monday 20 June 2022

GI's Deployed

   As I'm not playing as many games at the moment compared to pre-pandemic/baby I'm trying to make the most of every game that I know is coming up and planning well in ahead. I have two games lined up for the end of June, the first will be Bolt Action with my brother which is what I'm painting my WW2 US stuff for as it's another different opponent for his Germans (although I'm hoping to get a second game in on the same day so he can use his fledgling US army and I can use my winter Germans), then a second separate game which will be a few posts coming up. While I do miss weekly gaming, having a month to plan ahead is surprisingly nice and I'd recommend even regular gamers do a few like this.

   I've dug out my Normandy scenery, most of which I don't think ended up on this blog and I'm having a quick look at which bits need tidying up or finishing and I'm now trying to focus on which bits of my US army I need for the list so I can make sure that they are done, so I can make sure the other project gets the time it needs too.

   This post is covering the last of the infantry I need for the game, I've got some more vehicles to finish up but as I plan to do the weathering all at the same time, they can hold off for a later post. This squad is where I've tried to use up every figure left on the sprues, so it's got the regular 12 men with 2 BARs and a NCO with SMG, but in my list it needs another pair of SMG's for a slightly tastier squad and I've given it another SMG just because I had a spare body. At the same time, I had a body left with a big bag at it's waist so I built it as a medic as that future proofs my collection a little bit more.

Just the vehicles to go, so I suspect the next few posts will focus on my other impending game.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment