Wednesday 22 June 2022

The Return Of The War Of The Roses

    I think it's been pretty obvious from past posts that trips to historical places tend to get my creative juices flowing, so if I was to mention that I went on a day trip to a castle (Baconsthrope) built during the Wars of the Roses, it should be no surprise to anyone that it got me thinking about that collection.


   The last time I posted about this time period was early 2021 when I said I was going to try and get two sides done for a game in May of that year - which didn't happen for me. I also said I would be painting up warbands and then mixing them to make units - but in hindsight at this scale I don't think it makes a lot of sense, so instead I'll be doing 24-30 points of Andrew Trollope and then maybe adding units from other lords at a later date.

The bits that I painted in this batch to make up the numbers.

Then, below, are these figures added to the others (minus the Men at Arms) to create two separate units of troops, one bowmen and one billmen. I've used the same recipe as last time which is why everything blends in alright, although this time I've written it into my recipe book.



I've been painting at a decent rate again over the last couple of weeks so the next batches will be along soon.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment